Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Camping at Kyle's Landing

We loaded up the crew for a last minute trip to Ponca on Saturday after Garrett's game. No real plan and no real timelines. Just threw the tent, the dog, and the kids in the truck and headed for the hills.

We ended up setting up camp for the night at Kyle's Landing. The weather was perfect and the stars were amazing Saturday night. I got up early on Sunday and hiked the Buffalo River for a bit and took a few pics. After spending some time in Boxley Valley and listening to the Elk serenade one another, we headed back to Springdale. A quick trip over and back, but well worth the effort. I'm not sure all of my crew would agree on that fact, but I know I enjoyed it.



Bluff behind Kyle's Landing campground.


Some color starting to emerge along the Buffalo.

Early morning on the Buffalo.


The Bluff just east of the Kyle's Landing campground.

1 comment:

  1. Beuatiful pictures. That Bluff is gorgeous. I have got to go see that area. Wonder if I can get my hubby to take a day off and go with me, then we can go on to Pedestal Rock. I really admire the camping thing. I am a cabin kind of girl. No roughing it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete