Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Look . . . Dolphins!!

Garrett wanted to rent a waverunner so we could explore Santa Rosa Sound so we went a couple of blocks from the park and picked one up. We got a chance to ride by the RV park and wave at the crew. Ainsley decided she wasn't interested - AT ALL.

We had a blast and headed west in the direction of Okaloosa Island, but didn't have time to go too far. GT became a backseat driver and asked on several occasions, "are you tryin' to kill us?" I'm not sure he adventurous as he thought he was. We didn't even Catch Air!!

Catching some waves on the Waverunner.
Waving from the Waverunner at the crew at Emerald Beach RV Park.
Having a blast in Santa Rosa Sound!
The highlight of the Waverunner excursion was then a small pod of Dolphin came swimming through the sound. You can see a couple of them on the left side of the pic above. There were probably eight in the group and there weren't bothered by us at all. At one point, these two got within about five feet of the Waverunner.

The other big highlight was when I made a sharp left to turn around and look at the dolphin and Garrett and kept going straight. Our rears and the Waverunner seat quickly parted ways. GT and I both hit the water and I'm pretty sure he thought the dolphin had turned into sharks. I'm not saying GT was Christ-like, but he may have walked on water trying to get back onboard. It was hilarious! As we got back to the truck, he informed me that he wasn't speaking to me any longer. Ha! He got over it pretty quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I spotted the dolphin right away. So cool. The last story had me laughing so hard, I had tears...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've ever seen GT move that fast. He was not happy with me at all. I think his frustration increased because I was laughing and not sharing in his anxiety. He won't forget it any time soon!

    ReplyDelete