Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stinky's Fish Camp

As the t-shirt said, with a name like Stinky's the food has to be good - - and it was! It was actually great! I think our group tried about everything on the menu. Every bite was awesome.

We started with some oysters: Bienville; On the Half Shell; and Steamed. Then we enjoyed some crawfish tamales and crawfish hushpuppies. Our entrees included fried shrimp; grilled amberjack; shrimp po' boys; crab legs; seafood chowder; and of course Garrett ordered a burger. It was one of the best seafood meals we've ever eaten.

Ainsley ordered Kid's Crab Legs off the Kid's Menu. We couldn't believe the size of the order when it arrived. She was on cloud nine. There was enough to share with the whole group. It wasn't cheap - - - I think I liked it better when she'd only eat mac & cheese.

We finished off a near perfect meal with an unbelievable piece of KeyLime Pie. Our waiter told us it had been awarded a "Top 10 pie of the South East" by Southern Living Magazine. After one bite we could definitely understand why!

Anytime we are near Santa Rosa Beach, Stinky's will be on the agenda. I've been there, done that, and yes - - -I did get the T-shirt!!











1 comment:

  1. I don't think we ever ate there. Looks and sounds yummy. I am suddenly craving some seafood...

    ReplyDelete